Monday, March 9, 2015

Look for Less - Spring Living Room Edition

 
Spring is just around the corner and I'm loving all the pops of color and floral prints plastered all over the blogs and Pinterest. I'm eager to incorporate a little bit of Spring into my living room but until I do, this living room caught my eye:
 
I love the teals, pinks, and crisp whites all while feeling cozy, eclectically gathered, and collected. This living room totally screams "spring" to me in all the best ways possible.
 
I searched the Internet for the original source of this living room but was left empty handed so if you know who I should credit, please let me know and I'll be happy to do so! Since I wasn't able to find the original source for this living room, I really have no idea where any of these furnishings came from but often times I see gorgeous rooms and they just look lavishly expensive. And while I'd give my right arm, and probably my left, to live in one of those pin-worthy homes, this girl on a budget just doesn't have the cha-ching to be as fortunate.
 
So what do I do? I do what I do best! One of my favorite things to do is to take an inspirational image like the one above and recreate it for the girl on a budget (aka me!). It's so fun to see something you love, but probably can't afford, and find something similar for much, much cheaper. Great design doesn't have to be expensive! That's the absolute best part!
Wanna see my rendition? Take a look and see:
Source List: 
Chevron Drapes - H&M Home - $24.95 for the pair
Round Mirror - Ikea - $14.99
Teal Tufted Sofa - World Market - Reg $699.00 (this was just on sale for $499!!)
White & Blue Polka Dot Pillows - Etsy - $60.00 for the pair
Floral Pillows - Wayfair - $106.00 for the pair
Coffee Table - Target - $135.99
Blue Vases - World Market - $14.94
8x5 Rug - Rugs USA - $86.00 (currently on sale for 75% off)
Art - Etsy / Minted / Artfully Walls - Approx $25.00 ea
White Sofa Table - Ikea - $199.00
Lamp - Target - $39.00
 
Total Cost: $1454.87

Here's the side by side:


Not exact, but pretty darn close, no? I love that the re-created look has the same vibe, and colorful spirit as the inspirational image all while standing on it's own.
 
It was so much fun trying to re-create this spring living room look with items I found on the cheap. And the best part? A lot of these retailers offer sales all-the-time so any of these items can be purchased even cheaper! But a living room for less than $1500.00? I'd say that's  job well done, don't you?
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment