Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Pillow Talk




Hi again! Did you miss me? Sorry for the brief hiatus but I had to step away from the blog for a few days while I recovered from having my wisdom teeth removed and didn't think it best to write any posts while recovering from that not-so-fun experience. But...I'm back and all is well again! I was in the best of care and certainly can't complain about all the ice cream I got to eat without all the usual guilt!
 
Today I'm back and talking about my most favorite home accessory - throw pillows! Yep, you read that right...plain ol' boring pillows. No. Not true my friends. Throw pillows aren't plain or boring! They're utterly amazing. They're fluffy little squares of magic. I truly believe that pillows (and paint too) can do wonders to transform a room that only requires a very small investment of your time and/or money. Pillow are relatively inexpensive and for just a small investment, by changing out your throw pillows, you can change the entire look and feel of a room in a matter of seconds. Who doesn't love that?!
 
Whenever I'm in a decorating slump or look around me find that I'm starting to feel 'blah' about a space, the first thing I do is switch out the pillows. Doing this instantly brings life and a fresh vibe to a once stagnate room. I recently ordered some new pillows for the living room after finding that I was craving a change and a wanted to bring in some new colors so while I wait for them to arrive (and before I can show you), I thought I'd share with you some of my favorite pillows from the www that I'm crushing on at the moment & some I already own, because you know...I'm a pillow hoarder like that!
 
Take a look:
This bold black & white graphic Stockholm pillow comes from Ikea...insert and all for only $14.99 (currently on sale for $11.99 if you're an Ikea Family Member). You may recognize this pillow from my living room and I love-love-love it. Even with the new pillows coming in, I doubt these will be going anywhere any time soon! 
This Aztec inspired Lappijung Ruta lumbar pillow also from Ikea is a steal for just $10. $10 people! During my recent Ikea trip I picked up 2 of these for a space I'm currently re-working and I had to seriously stop myself from not buying more. The quality is fabulous for only $10. You won't regret buying these. 
This adorable pom pom pillow from H&M is just begging to come home with me & at only $17.95, what's not to love? 
H&M is killing it again in the pillow department! Case in point? This 2-toned metallic pillow. I'm also really digging this copper metallic pillow too. H&M...I love you.
 
 
 Etsy is another great go-to source for unique pillows in gorgeous designer fabrics and this shop has the most beautiful pillows ever. This watercolor abstract pillow is perfect for Spring!
 
 
 Another stunning pillow that I'm drooling over!
 
So? What do you think? Do you love these as much as I do? What pillows are you crushing on right now? Share with me your favorites so I can drool over them with you too! I cant wait to show you what pillows I chose to breathe some new life into our living room. Warning: they're stunning!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment