Monday, February 1, 2016

Life Lately

Hi there!

Stopping by today for a little life lately update and I'm stupidly excited to share some much needed good news! We're already well into 2016 and even though the blog has been quiet, everything behind the scenes has been quite the opposite.

I was sick the entire month of December - so sick that I think I took more days off from work in that one month than I did the entire year. It was no joke, and no fun. 

We rang in the New Year quietly at home and if you follow me on Insta, you may have seen this shot that I posted shortly after midnight:


That one glass of champagne gave me a killer headache the next day and my sick body just couldn't hang - #itsuckstogetold

Speaking of getting old...2 weeks into the new year had me celebrating the big 3-oh-no! Yep...I've officially left my twenties but this present from the love of my life makes the milestone a little more bearable:


Going to Costa Rica has always been at the tippity top of my bucket list and I can't believe that that sweet man of mine is making all my dreams come true - #howluckyamI ?

But besides all the holiday and celebration hoopla - we've been knee deep in another huge milestone that's kept us busy day and night. Any guesses what it might be? 

WE'RE BUYING A HOUSE PEOPLE!!!!!

Can you tell how excited I am about it? Ecstatic doesn't even come close!

We started looking in the beginning of January and it's been full steam ahead ever since. And I can happily report that after 3 failed offers we finally got an accepted offer on a property that we absolutely love and are about a week into escrow!

The home buying process has been a complete learning curve for me. Luckily for me, my guy has purchased a home before so thankfully he knew all the right questions to ask and has a black belt in negotiation. Hi-ya!

If all goes well, escrow will close at the end of February and I will officially own my very 1st home! Losing our girls last September really took a toll on us emotionally and it feels good to have something to look forward to and be excited about again. After all we've been through, we needed this. 

As far as the blog goes, DIY and home decor posts will be basically non-existent until we're settled in at the new place (eek!!). I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am to embark on this next chapter of our lives and of course document it all here on the blog. It's like all my dreams are coming true getting to pick out paint, flooring, tile - who gets excited about baseboards and trim? This girl!

Meanwhile, I'm surrounded by boxes and it's making me twitch. Help a girl out won't you please, and come pack for me? Pretty, pretty please!


I spy a little kitty...


Spackle - the best looking table decor I ever did see...

I have a few posts lined up about some insight into the home buying process as well as some packing/moving tips too - because after moving 4 times over the last 6 years, I ought to know! So be sure to stop by again this week and look for those posts to come!







No comments:

Post a Comment