Friday, October 21, 2016

Featured Friday

Things are moving quickly around here. For once! This pregnancy has really lit a fire under us to tie up all those loose renovation ends and that nesting instinct has really kicked in and I really just want to feel settled before this babe arrives. Whatever it takes, right?


Those nagging details that needed to be finished are finally…let me repeat…FINALLY getting done and I couldn’t be happier. This past weekend, a majority of the baseboards went in…the living room, entry, hallway, sunroom, and part of the nursery are all done (more on this soon). All the door trim that has been up for what feels like forever, finally got a few coats of paint, and that weird blank space we intentionally left between the top of the living room walls and the ceiling finally got painted too.
Our original plan has always been to add crown molding to this room so we left that blank space to save us time painting knowing that it’d be covered by the crown. Except its 7 months later and we still haven’t gotten around to installing the crown molding (or purchase it) and the room just hasn’t felt “finished” ever since.
With all these unfinished rooms (aka – ALL OF THEM) I started feeling very anxious and overwhelmed knowing that this little one would be here in a few short months and my ability to help out and lend a hand was slowly dwindling. Luckily, S and my parents jumped in and really knocked it out of the park last weekend and I’m feeling so much more relaxed and less overwhelmed because of it. Love you all. Mean it.
I even made a meager attempt to fall-ify our front porch as demonstrated by this horrible cell phone pic:
Other fun things this week:
Have you SEEN this kitchen remodel?! After several years of intentional waiting and careful planning, the blogging duo at YHL completely gutted and reconfigured their kitchen for a result that not only fits their lifestyle but is beautiful too. And that island – all the heart eyed emojis for that beast!


These pillows must be mine! I’ll start saving my pennies now.

I’ve been patiently (or not so patiently) waiting for this soup to come back on the menu all year long and it’s finally here! I’ll be eating this no less than 3 times a week from now until it disappears again.

When I mentioned the elusive glider search in last week's Featured Friday post, I failed to mention that I'm also in search of the perfect ottoman to accompany it. I don't want anything too matchy-matchy so when I saw Claire's gender neutral shared kids' room and those stools/ottomans at the end of the bed, I about died. The best part?! They're under $100 and currently on sale. #targetdoesitagain. Don't they always?


Halloween is just around the corner and a big part of me wishes our house was put together enough to host our first ever party in the new house. Oh, well...maybe next year. This post from Julia over at Chris Loves Julia has me dreaming of a ceiling filled with floating candles. So dreamy! Totally speaks to my inner Harry Potter nerd.




























Happy Friday, friends!

1 comment: