Last week I showed you the plans for our entry way and over the weekend I was able to knock a few things off the entry to-do list. To re-cap, here’s what we had on our entry wish list:
- Create storage for coats, jackets, bags - hooks? Slim wall mounted shoe storage - like this?
- Add board & batten? Picture frame trim/molding?
- Paint interior of front door & add decorative trim
- Add art
- Install flush mount fixture
- Find a vintage runner
It feels good to start putting things back together even if it is only a small section of the house. Having a functional entry will go a long way to make our beginning and end of day routines run just a little bit smoother even while the rest of the house is still “under construction”.
One of the biggest changes to the entry will undoubtedly be the addition of a new light fixture. After paint, lighting is an easy (and affordable) way to transform any space. It’s like wearing yoga pants with your hair in a messy bun and then you throw on a pair of earrings, put on a little mascara, and suddenly it looks like you’ve got your life together.
And I want to feel like I have my life together. Don’t you?
Since our ceiling drops down a bit in the entry, I knew that we had to stick to a flush mount or semi-flush mount fixture that wasn’t too wide. The door swings inward so I couldn’t have anything that hung too low or the door would destroy it. Once I knew what we needed, the browsing began!
You guys! There are SO. MANY. OPTIONS. So many! Affordable ones too!! I literally couldn’t stop looking at fixtures. I was/am obsessed. It made choosing a fixture for our entry so, so hard! And guess what?! I’m still not sure what fixture will be there come reveal day. #spoileralert: it’s not the one you saw on the design board.
But!! I know you didn’t come here to listen to me ramble on about fixtures (or did you?). Lucky for you, I did all the hard work and am sharing ALL my favorite flush mount and semi-flush mount fixtures with you today! There’s 36 gorgeous fixtures all under $300 for your viewing pleasure! Without further adieu...
Oil Rubbed Bronze / Black:
Antique Brass / Gold / Copper:
1. Harbour Point 2 - $131.90 / 2. Harbour Point 13 - $139.90 / 3. Vega - $249.00 / 4. Evelyn - $215.95 / 5. Maxim Fairmont - $198.00 / 6. Bell - $59.95 / 7. Dalton - $280.00 / 8. Orb - $152.90 / 9. Blanche - $199.00 / 10. Great Veil - $139.18 / 11. Harbour Point 3 - $259.90 / 12. Tori - $197.10
Nickel / Chrome:
1. Parsons Studio - $109.90 / 2. Phoenix - $108.99 / 3. Downtown Edison - $299.90 / 4. Simpson - $178.00 / 5. Cassandra - $238.00 / 6. Belmont - $290.00 / 7. Charleston – $129.95 / 8. Lily - $111.95 / 9. Downtown Edison 2 - $241.90 / 10. Schoolhouse - $49.99 / 11. Mitchell - $133.95 / 12. Benavidez - $194.95
How's that for options? Which one would you choose? And which one did I?!