Tuesday, May 17, 2016

36 Flush Mount + Semi-flush Mount Fixtures You'll Love

Last week I showed you the plans for our entry way and over the weekend I was able to knock a few things off the entry to-do list. To re-cap, here’s what we had on our entry wish list:
  1. Create storage for coats, jackets, bags - hooks? Slim wall mounted shoe storage - like this?
  2. Add board & batten? Picture frame trim/molding?
  3. Paint interior of front door & add decorative trim
  4. Add art
  5. Install flush mount fixture
  6. Find a vintage runner
It feels good to start putting things back together even if it is only a small section of the house. Having a functional entry will go a long way to make our beginning and end of day routines run just a little bit smoother even while the rest of the house is still “under construction”.

One of the biggest changes to the entry will undoubtedly be the addition of a new light fixture. After paint, lighting is an easy (and affordable) way to transform any space. It’s like wearing yoga pants with your hair in a messy bun and then you throw on a pair of earrings, put on a little mascara, and suddenly it looks like you’ve got your life together.

And I want to feel like I have my life together. Don’t you?

Since our ceiling drops down a bit in the entry, I knew that we had to stick to a flush mount or semi-flush mount fixture that wasn’t too wide. The door swings inward so I couldn’t have anything that hung too low or the door would destroy it. Once I knew what we needed, the browsing began!

You guys! There are SO. MANY. OPTIONS. So many! Affordable ones too!! I literally couldn’t stop looking at fixtures. I was/am obsessed. It made choosing a fixture for our entry so, so hard! And guess what?! I’m still not sure what fixture will be there come reveal day. #spoileralert: it’s not the one you saw on the design board.

But!! I know you didn’t come here to listen to me ramble on about fixtures (or did you?). Lucky for you, I did all the hard work and am sharing ALL my favorite flush mount and semi-flush mount fixtures with you today! There’s 36 gorgeous fixtures all under $300 for your viewing pleasure! Without further adieu...



Antique Brass / Gold / Copper:



Nickel / Chrome:



How's that for options? Which one would you choose? And which one did I?!




No comments:

Post a Comment